Author Topic: Kiting in Falls Lake  (Read 765 times)

Kurt _)_

• View Profile
Kiting in Falls Lake
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
Well I never thought I'd be posting in here, but I was moved by an awesome feat of kiting mastery today.  Vince took on Falls Lake wind with a 17m kite.  You go, Vince!

https://youtu.be/iHlXkrLGu8A
To get it, we must want it.  To keep it, we must give it away.  To give it away, we must truly get it...
=====================
0 days WS, no police!

Brett Larue

• View Profile
Re: Kiting in Falls Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Kurt,
My name is Brett I live in Wake Forest and I'm new to Kiteboarding. I ran across your older post and  trying to get connected with local kiteboarders. Are you still riding?

Kurt _)_

• View Profile
Re: Kiting in Falls Lake
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »
Hi Brett and welcome. I've never actually kiteboarded myself. But I do support friends who have suffered injury or grown too old or infirm to windsurf anymore, transition to the new and more geriatric friendly sport.  As you can see there's not much kite discussion in this forum. However if you are in Facebook, check out the Triangle Kiteboarding Windsurfing & Watersports group.  There are lots of folks around here who participate on that page and use it as a place to hook up with other kiters for trips to the coast.

:-)
To get it, we must want it.  To keep it, we must give it away.  To give it away, we must truly get it...
=====================
0 days WS, no police!