Author Topic: First Club race of 2014  (Read 1284 times)

Michelle

• View Profile
First Club race of 2014
« on: September 28, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »
Hi all,

We are having a race in the OBX next weekend, Oct. 4 and 5 at the TBC fall house, Island Gust, located at island Creek...I think you can park at Ocean Air and sail to the start since parking is limited.  Be there or be square.  Start time yet to be determined...but probably Saturday afternoon, after check-in, once we get on the water before the TBC club party.  There will be a burger cookout (bring a side) and contest for the best costume both on and off the water.  OTW theme:  retro gear...yes, I know, some of us don't even have to try for this one.

CajunWon

• View Profile
Re: First Club race of 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »
For those of us geographically impaired, where are the above mentioned places?  Address or GPS coordinates.

Are these the places mentioned?
41156 Hwy 12, Avon, NC. : Island Gust
39450 Hwy 12 South, Avon, NC  :OceanAir Sports

OceanAir is on Island Creek Dr.  Is Island Gust near the end of Island Creek Dr?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:32:09 PM by CajunWon »

Michelle

• View Profile
Re: First Club race of 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »
Yes CajunWon and I'm forwarding more details from Erik Staub, previous President, current VP, future treasurer:

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!     Jibe Clinic and Regatta  Oct 4th

The Jibe Clinic is at 1:00 on SATURDAY, Oct 4th, at Ocean Air Sports.   $20 per person (I know this may not have been the perfect time but it's all that was available from OAS)  The clinic will include Step Jibe instruction; and if it's light wind it may cover rigging, tuning, and light-wind freestyle which is a way to entertain on lighter days.

There will be an informal Regatta (Race!!!) at approx 3:00pm SATURDAY, OAS is helping organize this event.  This is a very inclusive event, i.e. people of all abilities are encouraged to join in, participation and smiles are what count, not speed.

So, show up at OAS, 39450 Hwy 12 South, Avon, NC 27915, before 1 and rig your gear.  Buy some stuff or rent gear from OAS if you need to.    Questions?