Author Topic: Bermuda high persists this week  (Read 91 times)

Jeff A

• View Profile
Bermuda high persists this week
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:37:10 AM »
The strong Bermuda high in the north Atlantic just doesn't seem to want to go away and hot temps inland will lead to more SW at the coast the rest of the week.  Thurs and Fri afternoon look best but just like last week, Sat is possible if the cold front approaching on Fri stalls. Right now models showing the wind dying midday on Sat but if cold front stalls and storms are late to arrive, it cold blow all day Sat.

Kurt _)_

• View Profile
Re: Bermuda high persists this week
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
On Fri. night and Sat. morning, the front stalled over top of my tent near Oregon Inlet.  Driving 30 mi. to the south on Sat. morning, I got to enjoy 23-25 winds holding steady at CH from noon to just after 5, when the slowly moving front got close from the N, carrying lightning with it.  Sensor reports the wind wasn't much over 20 at the inlet all day. 

Yep, the JEF model often proves more reliable than the NWS and GFS models.  I'm going to start tracking the JEF against the NAM model, since NAM seems to out-perform NWS and GFS as well, for wind forecasting along the NC coast.
To get it, we must want it.  To keep it, we must give it away.  To give it away, we must truly get it...
=====================
0 days WS, no police!