Author Topic: Jordan on Easter Sunday?  (Read 147 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Jordan on Easter Sunday?
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:58:45 PM »
Should be some wind Sunday, at least for mid to large size sails.  I am considering going, maybe on the early side.  I wonder what the Easter crowd is like a Jordan?  Anyone have experience?

Ken

• View Profile
Re: Jordan on Easter Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »
 at the lake now. Still plenty of wind surf parking. Lots of white caps at least 10 to 20 at the moment.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:09:01 PM »
All went well.  John showed up with a new 160 L JP (almost formula board) and an 8? sail.  I couldn't decide on my formula and a 9.2 or my 7.6 and slalom board, so I combined the two and went with my 7.6 and the formula board.  Good choice, planing about 2/3 of the time and over powered a couple of times near the end.  Plenty of boats (and wakes) and the parking got very busy at around 12:30.  I wore a shorty, but didn't fall in.  Water was 65 and comfortable on the legs.

Tom was going out when I was de-rigging, I think he said he had a 7.? rigged.

Tom_P

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:47:56 PM »
I was out on a 7.5, which was overpowered briefly a couple of times but worked well about half the time. Too small during the lulls, of course.  The wind was better than the forecast.  A couple of other sailors were going out when I quit, one from out of town.
Long Board, Short Car