Author Topic: 2017 Spring WS Trip Signup  (Read 455 times)

Kurt _)_

• View Profile
2017 Spring WS Trip Signup
« on: February 08, 2017, 07:38:16 PM »
Hey folks,

It's that time of year again.  Please post to this thread if you would like to sign up as a trip sponsor.  Trip sponsors commit to the full week, get to pick the house, jointly accept the risk (or opt for travel insurance), and optionally offer a single-night rate for additional day-guests to join us throughout the week as space allows.  Proceeds from day-guest rental will be used to reimburse the trip coordinator (that's me) in the event of loss due to nonpayment of a sponsor for some reason (but that's never happened in the 4 yrs I've been on these trips); and/or split equally amoung the sponsors.  Ok, that's the business stuff.

A week in a house full of windsurfers with Pamlico Sound in the back yard is a great way to spend a vacation!  Traditionally, we have done this in early May.  I tend to defer to those who know the wind seasonality better than I do, and give us the best chance of consecutive windy days.  We've always had 4-8 days of wind, and always had great fun the whole week.  It's the only time most of us ever get to come in from a hard day's sailing and jump right into a nice hot-tub before dinner.  Or after. 

The houses usually rent from Sat. to Sat., so when you sign up, please give your first and second choices for trip dates.  Please refer to trip dates as week of 4/30, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, or any other Saturday you choose.  We will pick the date which allows the most sponsors to attend; and vote to break any ties. 

After we tally our votes and pick the final date, I'll begin house shopping and present what I think are our best options, and welcome others as well from the sponsors, and then we will vote on a house.  Once the date and house are chosen, then I'll front the full rent and expect the sponsors to promptly send me their shares of rent to cover.  Whups.. how'd I get back to business again?

To read about our prior trips, enter "trip report" into the forum search box.

So.... what's the windiest week in Srping for OBX?  Is there a groundhog for that?

To get it, we must want it.  To keep it, we must give it away.  To give it away, we must truly get it...
=====================
0 days WS, no police!

Doug I.

• View Profile
Re: 2017 Spring WS Trip Signup
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »
4/30 seems to be a Sunday.

I prefer 5/6 (4/29 second choice).

Thanks for taking the lead again Kurt!

-D

Longpong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 10:06:09 PM »
My choices are 5/6, 5/13. I will be traveling out of state in other weeks.
Thank Kurt.

Long and Fang
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:08:40 PM by Longpong »

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:30:22 AM »
I will jump in here soon.  Working on the calendar to see what will work best.

Ken and Debbie.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
Our choices:

1st.  May 13
2nd. May 20

4/30 is definitely out.

Ken and Debbie

hefang50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:26:24 AM »
BABA club will be there May 6 - 13. It maybe crowded at Island Creek.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:32:32 AM by hefang50 »

Kurt _)_

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »
Okay I just heard from long, and he and Fang are both locked in for the week of 5/6, due to work travel. So from what I see here 5/6 works for Doug Fang and Long. And me. And Baba.

4/29 is out for Ken and Debbie.

5/13 is out for Fang and long.

Ken, if you and Debbie can manage the 5/6 weekend then everybody's happy.

Else, if Fang and long and Doug can do 5 / 20 then everybody's happy then too.

So how about it?

So far I count six people. Dave W maybe a possible seventh. Have not heard anything from Tom P yet.

Another benefit to the week of 5/6 is the A B K Camp. See BR's post.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:03:18 PM by Kurt _)_ »
To get it, we must want it.  To keep it, we must give it away.  To give it away, we must truly get it...
=====================
0 days WS, no police!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »
May 6 will work for us.  I will do the entire week, but Debbie will likely go Sun. - Thurs. (4 nights).

Kurt _)_

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »
Ok, thanks, Ken.  5/6 it is!  We currently have 5 trip sponsors (Fang & Long, Ken, Doug, me), which determines the size of the house we will shop for.  I've also sent the offer to 2 other people, whom I've not heard back from yet, so in the coming week we may or may not be adding 1-3 more trip sponsors.  And Debbie will be joining us for a few days as well (Ken's wife, not the other one).  I'll start a new thread next week after I've found some good available houses for us.

Last call for trip sponsors! 
=====================
0 days WS, no police!